Friends of the Earth Australia, Jubilee Australia and ActionAid Australia have launched the Cane Toad Awards - a brand-new award ceremony aiming to name and shame Australian corporations behaving badly.
This is an opportunity for Australians to have their say on which Australian corporation should be crowned the biggest Corporate #CaneToad.
The nominees for the inaugural Cane Toad Awards are:
- Mayur Resources - for its push to make PNG the first pacific country with a coal industry
- Rio Tinto - for causing destruction at home and overseas
- ANZ - for financing climate-wrecking fossil fuels worldwide
- BHP - for its involvement in Brazil's worst environmental disaster
- The JUST Group - for the lack of public support to garment workers through the COVID-19 crisis
- Resgen - for its attempt to build a coal mine in South Africa
Voting will close on 13 June.